Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) Training
CPNI stands for customer proprietary network information. Each year, all telecommunications employees who have access to consumer data must undergo CPNI training to ensure they properly handle the information they have at their disposal. Cooperative Network Services (CNS) is committed to helping telcos of all sizes complete their annual CPNI training with our 30-minute course on customer proprietary network information.
If your telecommunications company fails to administer annual CPNI training to your employees, you could face severe fines and penalties from the FCC.
Our CPNI course is intended to:
- Explain legal requirements revolving around customer information
- Train staff to properly handle sales transactions and everyday customer interactions
- Detail the ways in which CPNI can and cannot be utilized
What is CPNI?
Customer proprietary network information (or CPNI) refers to the information telecommunications companies accumulate about their subscribers. It resulted from the passing of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, in which the FCC prohibited the use of customer information without that customer’s consent.
CPNI includes various types of data, including:
- Services a customer is subscribed to
- Current charges
- Directory assistance charges
- Usage data
- Calling patterns
What’s Included in CNS’s CPNI Training?
With our CPNI training program, your team will have access to a variety of essential topics required by the FCC, including:
- An overview of the purpose of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 and the importance of properly handling CPNI
- Terms and definitions
- FCC rules
- Telecommunications services categories (TSCs)
- Restricted vs acceptable use of CPNI
- Customer approval (opt-out and opt-in customers)
- Informed consent
- Authentication requirements
- Customer account passwords
- Changes to accounts
- Security breaches
- Annual certifications
- CPNI compliance
- Marketing around CPNI
Does CNS Only Provide CPNI Training to Telcos in Minnesota?
Absolutely not! While we’re proud to serve rural telecommunications providers in Minnesota and surrounding states, our CPNI training is available to companies of all sizes across the country. We provide online CPNI training that can be administered to your employees on your time, no matter where you are.
With this training, your team will learn how to:
- Keep your telco compliant with the FCC’s rules
- Encourage best practices while avoiding penalties
- Protect customers’ information
- Sell more telecom services while maintaining CPNI compliance
Purchase CPNI Training Below
LOCATION: Web-based, self-paced
(6 or more registered from same company at the same time)
(5 or less registered from same company at the same time)
Get CPNI certified or just get a refresher on both state and federal Customer Proprietary Network Information requirements with this online training program specifically designed for rural telecom providers.