The Geospatial Utility Developer will lead system management, direct and use knowledge of database design and development to support ESRI / ArcGIS customers in the concept, construction, implementation of full stack GIS architecture for CNS clients. This position may also be responsible to provide employee and client training on the ESRI and related platforms in order to ensure accuracy and efficiency of records while using the platform to its fullest potential with regards to record-keeping, marketing and operational functionality.
This position includes full responsibility and accountability to the GIS Engineer in an effective and efficient manner. Ensuring deadlines are met with limited errors is imperative to the success of this position. Provide training and support to the internal ESRI / GIS team as well as clients in a positive, friendly and efficient manner.
IMPACT OF POSITION:
Successful completion of essential responsibilities builds growth for CNS while ensuring clients efficiently grow their businesses and continue their expansion of broadband to more rural places.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Perform basic and advanced processing tasks and production using ESRI / ArcGIS Enterprise and ESRI extension platforms.
- Develop content and implement training documentation and programs tailored to end users.
- Interface and coordinate workflow directly with internal and external departments, vendors, and organizations.
- Develop, review, interpret, and utilize established client standards to practical situations.
- Manage and maintain multiple datasets, GIS software, SQL server and Windows virtual server systems.
- Manage multiple projects for clients simultaneously, achieving project goals and timeline and reporting.
- Manage and maintain system functionality.
- Coordinate with ESRI & CNS GIS team.
- Promote CNS owner member’s interest in GIS for purpose of advancing revenue.
- Ensure deadlines are met and tasks are accurately completed to ensure highest level of client relationships.
- Coordinates cooperatively with CNS GIS Analyst and report to CNS GIS Engineer on simultaneous projects.
- All other duties as assigned.*
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Land Surveying, GIS, Civil Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Five or more years of ESRI / ArcGIS.
- Three or more years in a consulting or equivalent role.
- Five or more years with installing, designing, and implementing features into the ESRI /ArcGIS platform (9.3 +).
- Three or more years with installing, designing, and implementing features into ESRI /ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Three or more years Python development.
- Three or more years experience in geodatabase data management, database development, and implementation of ArcGIS Server and SQL Server.
- Three or more years experience in system and database performance tuning.
NON-ESSENTIAL, BUT PREFFERED SKILLS:
- Three or more years PostGresSQL and AWS experience.
- Three or more years communications industry experience.
- Three or more years Word, Excel and Outlook experience.
- Seeing: Must be able to read computer screen and various reports. 100% of time.
- Hearing: Must be able to hear to communicate with employees, membership, vendors, and industry contacts. 100% of time.
- Standing/Walking: Must be able to physically operate a vehicle for travel purposes or have alternate transportation available. 25%-50% of time.
- Grasping and Feeling: Must be able to write, type and use phone system. 100% of time.
- Climbing, Stooping, Kneeling, Lifting, Pulling and Pushing. 0-25% of time.
General office environment and frequent travel in all types of weather conditions, required.
*Indicates that position could be non-exempt or exempt depending on the responsibilities, workload, and nature of the position. Subject to change.
The statements contained herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the required personnel. Furthermore, this position description is not a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
CNS offers a competitive compensation package including: health, dental and life insurance benefits, short and long term disability benefits in addition to a 401k savings plan with company match. Other perks include paid holidays, paid float holidays, PTO, educational reimbursement program, cellular and broadband reimbursement and a great working atmosphere with progressive and forward-thinking co-workers.