The Engineer will consult with clients on a wide range of consulting services including management of outside plant construction projects, equipment projects, and telecommunications engineering according to plans and specifications set forth. The Engineer will have advanced knowledge of RUS contracts, loan design and associated requirements and reporting standards.
Additionally, will consult with municipalities, counties or other entities to produce broadband feasibility studies in coordination with their contacts as well as in-house GIS department according to deadlines.
- Perform project management of telecommunications outside plant construction projects from conception to completion. Will oversee progress of project to ensure plans and specifications are accurately performed.
- Develop technical plans and specifications for clients in an accurate and timely manner.
- Proactively review, coordinate and communicate deadlines, budget, specifications and compliance during all phases of projects. Prepares progress reports as needed while clearly communicating status, concerns or issues with appropriate contacts.
- Coordinates and directs engineering technicians and/or vendors in a respectful and professional manner to ensure projects specifications and deadlines are met.
- Uses advanced RUS knowledge while monitoring projects closely to ensure projects meet RUS contract, loan, and design specifications.
- Consults with municipalities, counties and/or other entities to produce all-encompassing broadband feasibility studies. Coordinates with internal GIS department as well as client contacts. Presents accurate information in a professional and respectful manner.
- Provides excellent communication skills while in person, over the phone, or in written documents.
- May occasionally manage projects that require aerial plant construction.
- Interface and coordinate workflow directly with internal and external departments, vendors, and organizations.
- Develop, review, interpret, and utilize established client standards to practical situations.
- Manage multiple projects for clients simultaneously, achieving project goals and timeline and reporting.
- Ensure deadlines are met and tasks are accurately completed to ensure highest level of client relationships.
- Pursue professional and personal development to ensure continuous competitive knowledge of the telecommunications and/or cable industry
- All other duties as assigned.*
*Other tasks as assigned will be performed in order to address unexpected situations or needs that may arise. Performs job duties consistent within safety, legal and regulatory requirements; company standards, culture and business practices.
This position includes full responsibility and accountability to the Engineering Services Manager in an effective and efficient manner. The Engineer will consult with clients on a wide range of consulting services including management of outside plant construction projects and telecommunications engineering according to plans and specifications set forth. The Engineer will have advanced knowledge of RUS contracts, loan design and associated requirements and reporting standards.
IMPACT OF POSITION:
Successful completion of essential responsibilities builds growth for CNS while ensuring clients receive quality project management, technical documents and support for their long-term network, build-out projects, and potential goals.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering.
- PE required upon start or ability to obtain and maintain after hire is required.
- Advanced knowledge of RUS loan specifications, contracts and design.
- Survey designation, PMI designation, advanced GIS experience, and 2+ years of telecommunication construction, engineering or project management is preferred.
- Experience with other areas of telecommunications and/or engineering a plus, such as: networking, AC/DC power, access equipment.
- Experience displaying the ability to develop technical documents and manage projects according to company expectations. Must be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision, make decisions for CNS on projects, self-start and take tasks from start to completion. Prioritization of projects and deadlines required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a necessity to successful performance in this position. Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook/email platforms. Valid and insurable driver’s license and excellent driving history required.