Position Title: Accounting Associate
Status: Full-Time / Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime)
Reports To: Controller
The Accounting Associate will take direction from and report to the Controller. The Accounting Associate performs clerical duties in support of the accounting function. Duties include accounts payable, client billing, sales & use tax filings, and general office duties such as answering inquiries, copying, faxing and filing.
- Performs accounts payable functions daily by posting entries to specified accounts and preparing journal entries. Ensures transactions are accurate for recording purposes.
- Responsible for preparation and accuracy of client invoices.
- May assist with timesheet, expense report, and mileage log review to ensure proper coding.
- Prepare and file sales & use tax, and other required financial reports for taxing and regulatory bodies.
- Maintains and updates various excel and other worksheets, daily, monthly and/or annually.
- Frequently communicates with Controller, CNS team members, and clients.
- Receives supervision and direction from Controller.
- All other duties as assigned.*
This position includes assistance to the Controller in an effective and efficient manner. Accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail are imperative to the success of this position.
IMPACT OF POSITION:
Accurate completion of essential accounting and office responsibilities provides efficiencies for CNS while ensuring clients receive a successful result from their patronage.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree in accounting is required with one year of experience. Or equivalent working experience of 3-5 years required. Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, email). Knowledge of standard accounting principles with accounts payable & billing experience preferred. Excellent attention to detail is a necessity to successful performance in this position. Valid and insurable driver’s license and excellent driving history required.
- Seeing: Must be able to read computer screen and various reports. 100% of time.
- Hearing: Must be able to hear to communicate with employees, clients and industry contacts. 100% of time.
- Standing/Walking: Must be able to physically operate a vehicle for travel purposes. 100% of time.
- Grasping and Feeling: Must be able to write, type and use phone system. 100% of time.
- Climbing, Stooping, Kneeling, Lifting, Pulling and Pushing. 0-24% of time. Lifting up to 25 pounds required.
General office environment and frequent travel in all types of weather conditions to local bank and post office, required.
NOTICE: The statements contained herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the required personnel. Furthermore, this position description is not a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.