Position Title: Accounting Associate
Status: Full-Time / Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime)
Reports To: Controller
The Accounting Associate will take direction from and report to the Controller. Accounting Associate performs clerical duties in support of the accounting function. Duties include accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and general office duties such as answering inquiries, ordering office supplies, postage & shipping, copying, faxing and filing.
- Performs accounts payable functions daily by posting entries to specified accounts and preparing journal entries.
- Ensures transactions are accurate for recording purposes.
- Assists in the preparation of client invoices.
- May assist with biweekly payroll processing functions including timesheet review, mileage log review, printing checks and generating required reports.
- Complete required tax and other withholding deposits.
- Assists in maintaining and updating time sheets and expense reports to ensure proper coding.
- Opens mail, sorts, and/or forwards to appropriate employees. Is responsible for all out- going postage and shipping in a timely manner.
- Orders office supplies in an accurate and efficient manner as needed while being mindful of current and necessary inventory.
- Ensures accurate order of business cards as requested. Is responsible for ordering company-logoed clothing for all employees as requested. May provide payroll and/or accounts payable and receivable for CNS clients on either a back-up or consistent basis.
- Prepare and file required financial reports for taxing and regulatory bodies.
- Maintains and updates various excel and other worksheets, daily, monthly and/or annually.
- Frequent communication with Controller, CNS team members, and clients.
- Receives supervision from Controller.
- All other duties as assigned. * *Other tasks as assigned will be performed in order to address unexpected situations or needs that may arise. Performs job duties consistent within safety, legal and regulatory requirements; company standards, culture and business practices.
This position includes assistance to the Controller in an effective and efficient manner. Accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail are imperative to the success of this position.
IMPACT OF POSITION:
Accurate completion of essential accounting and office responsibilities provides efficiencies for CNS while ensuring clients receive a successful result from their patronage.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree in accounting is required with one year of experience. Or equivalent working experience of 3-5 years required. Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, email). Knowledge of standard accounting principles with payroll and accounts payable & receivable experience preferred. Excellent attention to detail is a necessity to successful performance in this position. Valid and insurable driver’s license and excellent driving history required.
- Seeing: Must be able to read computer screen and various reports. 100% of time.
- Hearing: Must be able to hear to communicate with employees, clients and industry contacts. 100% of time.
- Standing/Walking: Must be able to physically operate a vehicle for travel purposes. 100% of time.
- Grasping and Feeling: Must be able to write, type and use phone system. 100% of time.
- Climbing, Stooping, Kneeling, Lifting, Pulling and Pushing. 0-24% of time.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds required.
WORK CONDITIONS: General office environment and frequent travel in all types of weather conditions to local bank and post office, required.
NOTICE: The statements contained herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the required personnel. Furthermore, this position description is not a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.